Today I want to talk about a new STEAM education kit for Raspberry Pi that caught my attention. It’s called CrowPi-2 an all in one kit for STEAM education. So let’s learn more about what CrowPi-2 is and what it offers.
What is a CrowPi-2?
A Raspberry Pi based laptop for makers by Electrow. In fact this isn’t their first compact Pi starter kit. Back in 2018 they launched CrowPi which was very popular. It was one of the best Raspberry Pi kits around.
Even though it was compact and easy to carry around it wasn’t exactly aesthetically pleasing. It was more like a briefcase. I always wanted it to be more like a laptop.
Recently Elecrow launched a Kickstarter for the new CrowPi-2 and it looks great. Unlike the previous briefcase like design, now it has a sleek more laptop like design. Below I have shared some images of the new CrowPi-2.
- Dimensions: 291(L)190(W)46(H)mm
- Weight: 1.3kg
- Screen: 11.6-inch 1920*1080 IPS screen
- Camera: 2 megapixels camera with microphone
- Power supply: DC12V/ USB 5V power supply
- Power port: Micro USB/ DC
- Keyboard & Mouse: 2.4G wireless
- Audio output: Stereo speaker
- Volume adjustment: Support
- Screen brightness adjustment: Support
- Induction screen function: Support
- Audio port: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Compatibility: Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+ & 4B
- Other function: storage box (power bank box)
- Supporting operation system: Raspbian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows IOT, Kail, Pidora, ArchLinux, FreeBSD, Kodi, OpenWrt, RISC OS, RetroPie, LAKKA, Recalbox, LibreELEC, OSMC
Physical Overview of CrowPi-2:
CrowPi-2 provides everything one needs to get started with STEAM education. It comes packed with 22 Sensors like Relay, temperature, humidity, RFID and much more for learners. Everything is soldered into the PCB, this makes it easier to use without any hassle of soldering and breadboarding.
Check out the image bellow for the list of all the sensors it offers.
Elecrow has a custom software for CrowPi-2 which includes Scratch, Python, Arduino, Microbit and more. They also Provide 70+ lessons including AI for beginners. In addition to that there are 30+ projects and retro games.
Overall it is a great starter kit for both beginners and experienced makers to play around with sensors and learn new things. Due to it’s compact size and features it is a great tool for educators to inculcate STEAM education on kids.
Talking about the pricing, CrowPi-2 comes in 3 Variants as mentioned bellow:
That covers this article about the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit I am excited about.
You can help them reach their goal through Kickstarter.
Hope you found this article informative,
If you like our content, make sure to subscribe for more.